Monday, April 22, 2013

16 Apr - 22 Apr First week on the road

I left Port Charlotte, FL on April 16th on my way to St-Augustine, FL.
I arrived to my first destination after 502 kms, 6 days later  in a thunderstorm and still battling 35 kmh headwinds for 5 the fifth day in a row.
The first 3 days in Central Florida where in the +30C, More than once during that first week I got frustrated at my travel speed,  I was averaging a poor 14-16 kmh with the headwind, comparatively to a 20-27 kmh when there is no wind .
But hey! who said, it was going to be an easy Sunday ride to the park..... As long as my knees stay healthy,the rest should be an enjoyable adventure.

camp set up in the wilderness part of the camping 
A couple of racoons kept me awake most of the night, I guess they were interested by some of the stuff I had in my saddlebags

Peace River campground, west of Arcadia

I went to far off my route and end up in Haines city
A little pause at the veterans memerial

Orlando, everything in the room that night

Neat little biker bar, central Florida
Zeila, the new owner, she end up taking over the bar after her son passed away last summer
Daytona Beach, in front of the Daytona 500 race track

Riding on the beach, Daytona Beach
Some of the pretty paths I had to ride on the way to St-Augustine




St-Augustine lighthouse

Daytona Beach by a windy day

Hi!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment